Industrial Burner Applications EN746

Burners for industrial use what should we use and where? EN746 against EN676?

The industrial market in the UK for process burners is serviced by a very diverse array of combustion companies, contractors and engineers.

IGEM/UP/12 states 'It is recognised that many combustion systems use forced draught burners that comply with BS5885 and EN676. Such installations now have to comply with EN746-2 and this standard covers all such systems'.

However given the sheer volume of 'boiler' type package installed on ovens, dryers and furnaces, who is correct? and who takes ultimate responsibility for their selection?

We have an opinion on the subject but we would welcome some feedback from the end-users, installer, furnace builders, etc?

Please use the comment form below to advance the conversation further. We would love to hear your thoughts.

 ESA Combustion Brochure